5.23.2011

30 day blogging venture: Day 13

Day 13: your favorite musician and why?

This is an extremely hard decision for me to make because I love so many types of music and therefore many different musicians. I listen to just about anything from rock, to country, to punk, to pop.

When I think about music in general and as a whole, there is one band that comes to mind that I couldn't live without. These 4 musicians released their first record in 1963, and in the next 7 years produced over a dozen more. They created a new wave of excitement all the way from Liverpool England and are still one of the most famous and beloved bands of all times.
I hope you all can guess who I am talking about by now and if you guessed the Beatles you are most certainly correct. I was first introduced to their music pretty much as soon as I was born because it all started with my dad's influences. He was a Beatles fan from the beginning and was actually at their last concert before their broke up. He always told me the story about how once the Beatles started singing, all he heard was the sounds of the screaming fans.
When I visited my sister in England 2 years ago, we were fortunate enough to be able to see a Paul McCartney concert in Liverpool. We also took a day trip on the Magical Mystery Tour that took us all around the city, showing us some amazingly famous Beatles landmarks. This included the Cavern {pictured above} where the Beatles first performed, Strawberry field and Penny Lane {2 of their songs were named after them} and the McCartney house where Paul grew up.

It was definitely a once-in-a-life-time experience, one that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...