3.31.2011

what I'm lovin in march

So I have seen this done on a few different Vlogs {video-blogs} that I follow so I thought I would start this project on my blog. Each month the Vlogers that I follow video tape themselves with all their favorite products/songs/foods/books of the month. Since I don't really video too much, I will pick out a few favorites from the month and show you. I'm really excited for this new little project and can't wait to see where it takes me!! If you want to join in just link my to your post and make sure you let me know, because I would love to see other people try out this little project with me!

Since this was a month of crazy vacationing, spring coming, and many new experiences, there are so many to choose from. I think I will stick to 9 different things per month because that seems like a doable number, and I'll start in the upper right corner, working my way across and down.

Lypsyl Lip Moisturizer in HoneyBerry
My Grandma game me this product on our trip to Mexico, so I'm not sure where she got it, but it is amazing! It has a SPF of 15 in it and it's made with pure Swedish beeswax.

EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit
I love the packaging on this lip balm. It's so cute and it's so different from any other lip balm that I've ever used! Plus it not only makes you lips really soft, but it really does smell like refreshing summer fruit!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail color in Grape Going
The moment I saw this color I knew I had to have it. It is an amazing purple color with blue shimmer in it. Depending on if you wear blue or purple I feel like it will sort of change color and I love that versatility. Another thing I love about this line is the tapered brush that is flat on one side and narrow on the other. Love those types of brushes!

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin
I found out about this product through a Vlog that I follow. It's my first stab at cream blushes and I am loving it. It's the perfect shade for my skin and great for the upcoming summer months!

Life As We Know It
I first saw the preview for this movie last year and I couldn't wait to see it. My sister and I watched it during the week before our vacation and I totally fell in love with it. It was only a 1 day rental, but I still managed to watch it 2 times. I love both the main actors in it: Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel and in my opinion it was very well done! Pretty clean for the most part and how could you resist that little baby girl, what a cutie!

Beach Boys Music
Ever since I started getting ready for my trip to the beach I have been listening to the Beach Boys. They are a band that I listened to religiously as a kid and love their up tempo summery music! I never get sick of them and they are a big part of my new summer playlist on my iPod.

Persuasion
Whether it's the movie {the 2007 version with the oh-so-yummy Rupert Penry-Jones} or the book I love everything about Persuasion. I am one of those girls who loves old romantic novels and I took this with my on my vacation last week. I finished it in Mexico and started a new one, so that might be in my next What I'm Lovin for April, we'll have to see.

Avocados
I have become sort of obsessed with Avocados lately. In Mexico they seemed to be in in every dish and I am planning on making an Avocado hair mask tomorrow because my hair is in need of a little TLC after being in the sun for so long. It also seems like any product that I seem to run across that has avocados in it, I can't resist at least giving it a closer look if not snatching it up! I can't wait for summer when these are more in season and much more accessible.

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
I seem to go through phases with cereal, and this month it was this one. I have always been a fan of this as a kid, but hadn't had it in quite a while. It's go go to cereal in the morning with ice cold 1% milk splashed over it. It's the perfect start to my day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend at work who uses the EOS lip balm and swears by it! I'm like you...I'm in it for the packaging...

    I confess: I'm scared of cream blushes. I just feel it would be greasy. and I would put too much on. Am I missing out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their lip balm, it's very hydrating and smells so refreshing!!

    I was scared to try the cream blushes too, but this isn't really a cream, it's a mouse that dries like a powder! I love it! Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...