3.08.2011

spring break

So I need to let you in on a little secret. Well, by now I'm not sure it is not a secret anymore, but I like to think it still is. In exactly 2 weeks I will be jetting off to a more tropical place than the chilly of the Midwest. This is the first spring break in 4 years that I will not be on Tour Choir, and while that is a very depressing thought, I just have to think about sitting on the beach or swimming in the crystal clear pool and any depressing thoughts slide right out of my head.

I am traveling with my sister and meeting up with our Grandparents for a week of much needed rest in the sun. It won't exactly be like the Gilmore Girls episode "Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin' the Twist", but believe me I am thankful for that. {I hope somebody know what I am talking about there} I am just excited to relax and soak up as much sun as I possibly can. Anyone guess where we are heading off to?
Yes, that is Mexico. I have already started making packing lists, yes I know, please don't mock. I like to plan early and can't believe that phase has already started. There are just so many things to accomplish in the next 2 weeks:
-do quite a few loads of laundry
-get my hair trimmed
-finish up some crafts for the grandparents
-do a little last minute shopping
-finish my school projects
-study for and take all 5 finals {2 of them I am taking early, so we can leave earlier, yikes!}
-finalize the packing lists
-make our upstairs presentable, because there's nothing worse than coming home to a messy house
-follow my Grandpa's instructions: "Bring 1/2 the clothes and twice the money." Those are words to live by for any vacation, remember that!

I am planning on doing a little give away from Mexico when I get back, so leave me a comment and you will be entered to win a little piece of Mexico. Not entirely sure what that will be, but there are a few ideas in my head and they are pretty fabulous! I wish I could bring you all back something, but I am a college student after all. What are your plans for spring break? Any trips or goals for the week off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...