3.06.2011

open uncharted waters

Inspiration. It is not only half of my blog title, but it is the drive that get us up in the morning. It's what makes us want to be better people. It's how we live our lives. Where do we get it from? Some get it from books, some family, some work, but tonight I got it from a simple little movie. A Julia Child movie. If you don't know what I am talking about don't worry, you will. I'll cover that a different day.

The past has been a little gray from where I am sitting as of late, but no more. The world is full of color and I intend to see it all. There is so much to do in life, whether it's traveling or cooking, exploring or creating. Life isn't about what the world holds for you. Life is about what you bring to it. It's about how you want to live your life and what you want to be doing.

Life is like a canvas, and it's up to you to fill it with colors.

Now that my little rant is over, it's time to start looking to the future. The once so distant future is slowly becoming my present and it's time to figure out where life is headed. That used to be such a scary thought to me: 'my life is an open, unfinished book.' But that doesn't have to be scary at all. All that is, is thrilling. There are so many upcoming adventures headed my way and it's daunting to be standing at this cliff. The cliff that will leave me diving into open uncharted waters. Graduation, traveling, possibly moving, new jobs, all that lies ahead and I'm not sure how it's going to turn out.

The one thing I do know is that there is without a doubt a wonderful plan. There is God's plan for me, even with it's twists and turns that will work out for the best. Not just work out for good, but the absolute best. That is all that I can think about some days, when I really just want to pull out my hair. After all, he gives us his promise even when we can't see our own way...."Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...