4.29.2010

chicken pesto with walnuts and lemon zest

It is truly a delight to step into the kitchen, and turn a few simple ingredients into a fabulous meal. I find myself eager to spend some extra time with my pots and pans when I've had an 'out of control' day or a 'too much to handle' week. Once again inspired by Real Simple, I found myself creating one of their inspirations with a few alterations of my own {I never follow a recipe exactly}.

Ingredients:
fettuccine
walnuts
garlic cloves
baby spinach
olive oil
grated parmesan cheese
chicken
salt and fresh & pepper
grated lemon zest

:cook the pasta, drain, and return it to the pot
:in food processor, pulse walnuts & garlic
:add spinach, oil, half of the parmesan, salt & pepper until smooth
:cook chicken and cut into small strips
:add pesto and chicken to pasta & toss together
:sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining parmesan
:enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...