12.27.2009

a quiet Christmas

This year seemed to be a quiet Christmas season. In years past we have had an abundant of family in town, but with our family members spread out a little more than normal this year it was a less crowded family gathering. This year felt different to me, but I realized that it wasn't Christmas that had changed it was me. No matter how many people are in your midst, Christmas is the same, and it's us who are changing.

I know it's true

time doesn't stand still
many things can change
but we know some things never will
the memories we share
the songs we always sing
the mystery of life
the hopefulness this season brings
-Amy Grant

Our kitty Jackson found a new favorite spot to sleep, and with the presents gone he can claim his spot under the tree. I hope everyone had a splendid Christmas and are enjoying the precious time spent with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...