5.15.2010

good, better, best cookies

There was a request for the recipe of cookies that I made yesterday by Mrs. Mayhew. 'Good, better, best cookies' that is what my grandma calls them. I am not a fan of coconut in my cookies, and not all people like nuts, so I omit them from the recipe, but I will show the real recipe and include my modifications.
{this is my Grandma Drews, she's the one with the fabulous recipe}

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup salad oil
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup coconut {optional}
1/2 cup chopped pecans {optional}
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups flour
{I add an extra 1/2 cup of oats and an extra 1/2 cup of cornflakes to make up for the absence of the nuts and coconut}
{I also add some chocolate chips, becuase who doesn't like chocolate}

:preheat oven to 325 degrees
:cream butter and sugars
:add egg, vanilla, then oil
:add oats, cornflakes, coconut, nuts, salt and baking soda
:slowly stir in flour
:form into small balls and place on a cookie sheet
:flatten out a little and bake for 12 minutes
:enjoy and share with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...