9.12.2011

changing of the seasons

Just as summer is slipping through our fingers the next season seems to be embracing us with open arms. Even though it's not technically autum till the 23rd, I can already see the effects of this season as it washes over us:

-football is back on tv
-the trees are starting to change colors
-apples are in season and ready to be turned into pies, cider, caramel apples
-I'm starting to pull some of my winter clothes from storage
-it's getting cooler at night
-jeans and sweatshirts feel great again, instead of the farthest thing from my mind
-scarves and mittens don't seem too far off anymore
-we will soon be craving hot tea and soup


Brian and I celebrated one of our favorite seasons by taking our 1st trip to an apple orchard and wine fest. I think we'll have to make this a tradition of ours. We did a little wine tasting, apple picking and later made an apple crisp, with a little whippy it was melt-in-your-mouth amazing! I love the idea of starting our own traditions each season. There are so many memories that we have already created, I can't wait to see what's in store for us next.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...