Here is a fun little project I found on Martha, and it took me back a few years. This doesn't take a lot of work so it would be a fun project to do with the kids or with friends. I remember doing this as a little girl and can't wait to pass it on some day.
:string of thread
1. take a 12 inch by 16 inch piece of was paper and spread crayon shavings over one half
2. fold over and place between 2 sheets of kraft paper
3. iron lightly on medium heat or until the crayon shavings melt
4. let it cool while it hardens
5. trace out heart shapes of various sizes and cut with scissors
6. string each heart with string or thread and place in a sun lit area