4.05.2012

our place

the view from our kitchen window
   
Normally just the thought of moving has people running away faster then they can muster, but for this girl, I welcome it with open arms. I love to pack, give a good clean to old spaces, move heavy boxes into newly painted rooms, and wash dusty dishes until I get prunie hands. I love going shopping for new house supplies and taking before & after photos as we put our own touches on our new apartment. Those were just a few of the fun things we did this weekend as we moved Brian into the new apartment.

The crazy things is, it's not just his apartment.

Right now, it's our apartment meaning: we both contribute to it in our own way {you can only imagine the ideas I have racing around my head to decorate the new space} but he lives in it until we get married. In a few short months it will be our apartment meaning: we live their together as husband & wife. Our place to live.

That was so hard for me to really picture until this weekend. We got just a little taste of what it will be like to be married, and I can only say that......I can't wait!

It feels like a piece of me is still with him in our place as each weekend I will bring a few more items to add to our growing collection. One of the things on my list to bring for next weekend is a dream that recently became a reality. Ever since I was a little girl watching movies like Anne of Green Gables, and Pride & Prejudice, I have wanted one of these treasures in my house. I will save that for my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...