7.09.2011

am I dreaming?

In some of my posts for the last month or so I have been making a few hints about the new guy in my life. I also made a few promises to tell you some details about who has been making me over the moon happy, so here I go.

Over a month ago I went to Arise and Shine, the 20s and 30s retreat in northern MN. I went into the weekend excited to see many of my friends and ready to dig into my bible and be strengthened by my Savior. What I was not expecting was for someone to catch my eye and instantly have my curiosity.

I was certainly not expecting to meet someone who would forever change my life, and I know this because I didn't bring the type attire that I would normally bring if I wanted to look my best. He was seeing me in my sweats and sport t-shirts and still decided to stick around. He's brave.

From the first night we seemed to have a connection and I felt at ease around him. The next day was a whirlwind of so many people, lots of coffee, so many encouraging words from our Lord, some water fun, and many games. The games lasted into the late hours of the night {well technically the early morning} and we ended the night with a trip out on to the glassy lake for a few hours of uninterrupted talking. We talked about anything and everything from jobs to grade school to how many things we really have in common.

By this point it was evident that this was more than just a little crush. The next day was filled with even more caffeine and so many more moments that turned into amazing memories. We listened to some amazing speeches that were given by amazing Christians, sharing their intimate details about fears in our lives. It was then that I realized one of my fears. I was fearful that this was all a dream and that this new found bliss would be ripped from me. All I had to do is look into those blue eyes and any fear that was swirling around in my head, disappeared.

Since then we have had some amazing dates and met each other's families and friends, which couldn't have gone better. After getting back from a weekend over in his neck of the woods, every time it gets more and more challenging to say good-bye.

I have never dated someone so similar to me....he makes me feel complete. He makes me so unbelievably ecstatic and I can only hope to make him as happy as he has made me.

It takes a life altering weekend like this, to completely humble you and to know that our planned out paths are laughed at by the Lord. He has so many better unexpected joys ahead of us, we can't even begin to imagine.

I still wake up and think that I am dreaming most days.

Someone pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...