4.29.2013

project cleanse: bathroom cabinet

minimize the products in my bathroom cabinet

If you didn't see the introduction/game plan for my new 'project cleanse', check it out here.

It’s no secret that I love trying new products, make-up trends, and enjoy testing out new finds. With that, I also have sensitive skin so not every product will work well with my skin type. Over the past few years I have accumulated quite a cabinet of make-up, skin care, and body products, but I hadn't really noticed until I moved from an expansive bathroom to a more modest room with ½ the amount of storage. In all honesty, it was the best thing to help my growing product collection.

On November 26th, I decided to take a stand and not allow myself to purchase any new products until I used up at least 20 products from my cabinet. This would include everything from body lotion & face wash to nail polish & hair products…. It really made me focus on what I have and clean out what I don’t use.


I utilized an app called Wunderlist to keep track of everything. I could have kept track on a piece of paper, but paper lists always seem to get lost in my life.

In the end, it took me almost 4 months to complete my 20+ list of emptied products and I have to say it really makes me think when I want to purchase a new nail polish or face cream. I ask myself: first, do I really need this, second, do I have any other products similar to it {making it unnecessary} and third, how long will it take me to use it up. These steps have really helped me to minimize the products in my bathroom cabinet, and also helped with my budget.

Now I have room for more right? Just kidding


Next week...I attack our hall closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...