5.31.2012

decisions decisions

our peony flowers are bursting with blossoms, why can't they just wait till our wedding?

Day by day time has been flying by and in all honesty I have been wait for that feeling. Ever since Brian and I got engaged time has seemed to inch by {surprising right?}.

I am all for enjoying the moment and having enough time to plan our wedding, but after major aspects of the wedding were planned {our date and colors, the venue, reception hall, DJ, my dress....} time seemed to slow to a crawl. After about 2 months of engagement we had the bases covered and a solid foundation for our wedding was complete . It was too early to look at suits, too early to do invites or decorations so I kept busy with the little details. It's finally come to the time when most of my free time is wedding spent. I love my little world filled with inspiration, but how do you decide on it all. How do you know when to stop looking and just know that those are the right decorations, or that is the perfect dessert style. How you know when to stop looking? That's my question to previous or current brides.

I have looked at thousands of pictures and dozens of blogs, websites, and stores. It feels like there could always be something better. I know most people feel this way when they are looking for their dress, but when I found that I knew instantly. I guess I did things a little backwards....how does that not surprise me!

Do I just keep researching or do we just make up our minds and not turn back? Conquering the wedding envy was harder then I thought. It can be a little dangerous to look at the amazing wedding blogs or extravagant Pintrest boards filled with million dollar weddings. So what is your suggestion?

1 comment:

  1. When I got married...before you were born (ack!) I planned everything and made decisions early. But that's because I plan EVERYTHING. :-)

    Can't wait to see you in your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...